ARC is committed to providing a safe, healthy and secure workplace to all its employees, contractors, visitors, customers and the community Our commitment to the effective implementation of our Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) policy will help us achieve a work environment of zero harm for all people that work within or visit our workplaces. Consistent with this the company will:
- Establish and monitor measurable objectives and targets to continually improve health & safety performance. This will take into account evolving community expectations, management practices, scientific knowledge, technology an business structure
- Comply with applicable heath and safety laws, regulations and standards and other relevant requirements. Where these do not exist, adopt and apply adequate standards that reflect the company’s commitment to health and safety
Manage risk by implementing systems to identify hazards, access, control and monitor risk measures, and implement the appropriate mitigating actions, taking into account the variable nature of workplace activities and related health and safety risks.
- Consult with and involve employees and contactors in the development of health and safety policies. This includes the setting of objectives and targets, the development of procedures and systems and the decision making process regarding the management of risks in the workplace.
- Inform ARC employees, contractors, labour hire employees and visitors to ARC managed sites of their obligations regarding this policy, to manage policy implementation, facilitate stakeholder understanding and be committed to continual policy maintenance and improvement
- Educate and appropriately train employees, contractors and labour employees to enable them to work safely, and assign appropriate responsibilities and accountabilities to these individuals
- Communicate openly on health and safety matters and disseminate health and safety information to employees, contractors, labour hire employees and visitors.
- Monitor and review health and safety management performance and trends. This includes:
- regularly auditing occupational health and safety management systems, to access effective implementation and maintenance of the OHS Policy. This will assist in identifying and responding to further improvement opportunities
- Support relevant Occupational health and safety research and initiatives